2018 Short Courses
ElectroScience Laboratory (ESL) will offer a variety of short courses on key topics of interest. Instruction for each course will be provided by renowned faculty and researchers from the Ohio State University's Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and the ESL.
Courses are designed for engineers, technicians, graduate students and others interested in learning about these specialized topics.
Wednesday, August 8, 2018 | 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday, August 9, 2018 | 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday, August 10, 2018 | 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Brochure: Please click here to download the brochure for the short courses.
Registration closed on July 20, 2018.
Short Course Titles:
- Adaptive Antennas for GNSS Receivers, Inder "Jiti" Gupta
- Atmospheric Electromagnetic Propagation, Caglar Yardim
- Anechoic Chamber Design for Direct Antenna Measurements, Teh-Hong Lee
- Understanding Passive Radar: From Fundamental Theory to Advanced Applications, Graeme E. Smith
- Body Area Sensing: from E-Textiles to Wireless Implants, Asimina Kiourti
- Chip-Scal Nonlinear Integrated Photonics, Ronald M. Reano
- RF Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems and Devices, Nima Ghalichechian
- Introduction to Hardware Security: Trojans, Counterfeits, and Security in an Interconnected World, Brian Dupaix
- Recent Developments in Spectroscopic Sensor Technology, Christopher Ball
- Standard Pedestrian and Bicyclist Targets Development for Vehicular Pre-collision mm-Wave Radar Systems, Chi-Chih Chen
- Cube Sats: Revolutionizing Access to Space-Based Research, Christopher Ball
Online Live Streaming:
Can't come to Columbus? Register to the courses you want to attend and interact remotely via online meeting with streaming live video. After completing the registration process, you will receive confirmation email from ESL along with information on the remote connections. Please visit "IT Requirements for Online Participants" tab on the right to make sure the computer you will be using to connect the courses remotely meets the IT requirements for smooth online short course experience.
Professional Development Credits:
ESL Short Courses Qualify for the State of Ohio's Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Program Hours for Professional Engineers. For more information on the State's program and qualifying hours please click here to visit their website.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Michelle Diefenbach at .