2017 Short Courses
ElectroScience Laboratory (ESL) will be offering a variety of short courses on key topics of interest. Instruction for each courses will be provided by renowned faculty and researchers from the Ohio State University's Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and the ESL. Courses are designed for engineers, technicians, graduate students and others interested in learning about these specialized topics.
- Wednesday, August 2, 2017. 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday, August 3, 2017. 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday, August 4, 2017. 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Brochure: Please click here to download the brochure for the short courses.
Registration deadline is July 19, 2017. Visit the registration website for details on the registration process.
Directions from ECE/Dreese Labs (Drive)
Short Course Titles:
- Antenna Induced Biases in GNSS Receiver Measurements, Inder “Jiti” Gupta.
- Ultra-Wideband Phased Arrays and Transceivers, John L. Volakis. Dr. Elias Alwan will give the course on behalf of Prof. John Volakis.
- Fundamentals and Applications of Integrated Photonics, Ronald M. Reano.
- Textile Electronics and Body Area Sensing, Asimina Kiourti.
- Cognitive Processing for Radar Systems: From Theory to Practice, Graeme E. Smith.
- Analysis and Design of mm-Wave in CMOS and Bipolar Technologies, Waleed Khalil
- Propagation over the Sea: Mechanisms & Models, Caglar Yardim.
- High performance Digital to Analog Converters: Challenges and Solution, Waleed Khalil.
- Introduction to Hardware Security: Trojans, Counterfeits, and Security in an Interconnected World, Brian Dupaix.
- Recent Developments in Spectroscopic Sensor Technology, Christopher Ball.
- A Private Collection of Novel UWB Antenna Design and Measurement Technologies, Chi-Chih Chen.
- Recent Developments in Computational Electromagnetics, Jin-Fa Lee.
Online Live Streaming:
Can't come to Columbus? Register to the courses you want to attend and interact remotely via online meeting with streaming live video. After completing the registration process, you will receive confirmation email from ESL along with information on the remote connections. Please visit "IT Requirements for Online Participants" tab on the right to make sure the computer you will be using to connect the courses remotely meets the IT requirements for smooth online short course experience.
Professional Development Credits:
ESL Short Courses Qualify for the State of Ohio's Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Program Hours for Professional Engineers. For more information on the State's program and qualifying hours please click here to visit their website.