- Atmospheric & Oceanographic Electromagnetics and Marine Systems (ATOM) Laboratory
- Ceramics Fabrication Facility
- Circuit Laboratory for Advanced Sensors and Systems (CLASS)
- Cognitive Remote Sensing Laboratory
- Compact Range (Anechoic Chamber)
- Hyperspectral Engine Lab for Integrated Optical Systems (HELIOS)
- Integrated Optics Lab
- PCB Prototyping Facility
- RF/Microwave Facility
- RFID Laboratory
- Radar and Remote Sensing Lab
- Textile Antennas and Electronics Lab
ESL has an extensive RFID testing and development facility. We have partnerships with companies to develop RFID systems for a variety of commercial applications, including inventory, security, item locating, and RFID tags for automotive tires.
In addition, a significant amount of research is carried out on RFID and antennas for energy harvesting. These specialized RFID tags are intended to support a variety of wireless sensors for health and industrial monitoring applications. In recent year, energy harvesting RFIDs have achieved as much as 80 percent efficiency.