- Atmospheric & Oceanographic Electromagnetics and Marine Systems (ATOM) Laboratory
- Ceramics Fabrication Facility
- Circuit Laboratory for Advanced Sensors and Systems (CLASS)
- Cognitive Remote Sensing Laboratory
- Compact Range
- Distributed-Memory Parallel Supercomputer & Software
- Hyperspectral Engine Lab for Integrated Optical Systems (HELIOS) Laboratory
- Integrated Optics Lab
- PCB Prototyping Facility
- RF/Microwave Facility
- RFID Laboratory
- Radar & Remote Sensing Lab
- Software Defined Radios/Radars
- Textile Antennas & Electronics Lab
The ESL has extensive RFID testing and development facility. We have partnerships with companies to develop RFID systems for a variety of commercial applications, including inventory, security, item locating, and RFID tags for automotive tires.
Much research is also carried out on RFID and antennas for energy harvesting. These specialized RFID tags are intended to support a variety of wireless sensors for health and industrial monitoring applications. Recently energy harvesting RFIDs have achieved as much as 80% efficiency.