- Atmospheric & Oceanographic Electromagnetics and Marine Systems (ATOM) Laboratory
- Ceramics Fabrication Facility
- Cognitive Remote Sensing Laboratory
- Compact Range
- Distributed-Memory Parallel Supercomputer & Software
- Hyperspectral Engine Lab for Integrated Optical Systems (HELIOS) Laboratory
- Integrated Optics Lab
- PCB Prototyping Facility
- RF/Microwave Facility
- RFID Laboratory
- Radar & Remote Sensing Lab
- Software Defined Radios/Radars
- Textile Antennas & Electronics Lab
Software Defined Radios/Radars
The ESL has recently developed significant expertise and laboratory focused on software defined radio and radars. The goal is to integrate RF front ends with Digital electronics to produce multifunctional “software defined” multichannel receivers.
So far, 2x2 software defined radar has been developed based on 1 GSPS A/D converters in conjunction with multiple on-board DSP components. Several COTS transceiver components are employed in developing this radar platform with a goal to develop high bandwidth real-time radar applications.