Seckin Sahin Returns ESL with A Best Poster Award from IEEE APS/URSI Meeting
Seckin Sahin received the 3rd place at the 2016 IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society and URSI Meeting student paper competition. Her paper is titled “On-chip UWB Phased Arrays for mmW Connectivity,” and was co-authored by Niru K. Nahar and Kubilay Sertel.
Notably, Seckin competed with nearly 250 paper submissions from around the world to reach the final 15 student authors who competed for this best paper award. Among finalists two other ESL students competed for the top prizes at the IEEE meeting. Full list of ESL students who received recognition are:
Finalists: Selected as one of the 15 candidates to compete for the top prizes at the 2016 IEEE AP-S Student Paper Competition.
- Seckin Sahin (3rd Place Winner): “On-chip UWB Phased Arrays for mmW Connectivity", co-authored by Prof. Niru K. Nahar and Prof. Kubilay Sertel.
- Cosan Caglayan: "On-Chip "Baluntennas" for Differential-Mode Non-Contact Characterization of mmW/THz Devices and ICs", co-authored by Prof. Kubilay Sertel
- Syed An Nazmus Saqueb: "Phase-sensitive THz Imaging using Single-Pixel Intensity-only Measurements", co -authored by Prof. Kubilay Sertel.
- Anas J. Abumunshar: "K-to-Ka Band Low-profile Phased Array with Integrated MEMS Phase Shifters", co-authored by Prof. Niru K. Nahar, Daniel J. Hyman, and Prof. Kubilay Sertel.
- Satheesh Bojja Venkatakrishnan: "Dual-Band Validation of On-Site Coding Receiver using Ultra-Wideband Antenna Array at C,X and Ku bands", co-authored by Abe A. Akhiyat, Dr. Elias A. Alwan and Prof. John L. Volakis.
- Cedric Lee: "Miniature Fully-Passive Brain Implant for Wireless Real-Time Neuropotential Monitoring", co-authored by Dr. Asimina Kiourti andProf. John L. Volakis.
- Shaoxin Peng: "Direct Evaluation of Hyper-Singularity in Surface Integral Equation Using Quadrature by Expansion", co-authored by Prof. Jin-Fa Lee