CERF Best Poster Award
Best Poster Award Program was established in 2015 to recognize excellence in the dissemination and the presentation of ESL research at the Annual CERF Technical Meeting & Affiliates Dinner.
The award is designed to:
- Promote interest in the dissemination of EM and RF research
- Increase the quality of poster presentations
- Acknowledge excellence in this valuable medium.
The award is presented annually to the poster presenters receiving the most number of votes for first place (Best Poster) and second place. The authors of the first and second best posters receive a cash prize of $200 and $100, respectively. Each author and co-author of the first and second place posters receive a certificate acknowledging their successful poster presentation. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the CERF poster program transitioned into Three-Minute Thesis competition to accommodate an online meeting format.
2020 CERF Three-Minute Thesis Winners
- 1st place: Aditya Nechiyl, "Counterfeit IC Detection using a Cavity Resonator," Advised by Rob Lee.
- 1st place: Oguz Demir, "Wideband radiometry for Arctic sea ice thickness and salinity retrieval," Advised by Joel Johnson.
- 2nd place: Ryan Linnabary, "Airborne GNSS Reflectometry in New Zealand," Advised by Joel Johnson.
- 2nd place: Jacob Compaleo, "Exploiting Sparsity in Adaptive Relevance Vector Machine for Sensor Reconfiguration in Adaptive Electrical Capacitance Volume Tomography," Advised by Inder Gupta
- 3rd place: Keren Zhu, "Cardiac Magnetic Field Device: Cheap & Portable," Advised by Asimina Kiourti