RF Integrated Circuits
Integrated Circuits Research at ESL capitalizes on a systems-view approach that spans high-performance digital, analog, and RF architectures and circuit design techniques to realize state of the art solutions for current and future wireless/wireline applications.
- Interdisciplinary program that marries advanced DSP principles with, novel transistor-level circuit design, and Electromagnetic analysis to construct frequency-agile flexible hardware.
- State of the art infrastructure including CAD tools, computing clusters, wafer/package test facilities, and access to in house and external foundries.
Current research includes the development of:
- Direct Digital-to-RF circuits
- High-resolution GHz DACs and ADCs
- High-performance Digital ASICs
- Power-scalable Micro-architecture and Circuits
- Heterogeneous Semiconductor Integrated Circuits (III-V,SiGe,CMOS)
- High-efficiency Transmitters (GaN,CMOS)
- Programmable Broadband PLLs and VCOs
- Architectures and Sensors for Ultra-Wideband Receivers
- Read Out Integrated Circuits