You are here
- Home >
- Smoke Free ESL
Smoke Free ESL
ElectroScience Laboratory is Smoke-Free
Ohio State has adopted a tobacco-free policy that supports a healthy environment for all members of the Buckeye Nation. Effective January 1, 2014, the use of all types of tobacco products is prohibited in all university buildings and on all university-owned, leased, or managed properties, including parking lots, garages, and all outside areas. The definition of tobacco includes all tobacco-derived or containing products, including and not limited to, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, cigars and cigarillos, hookah smoked products, pipes, and oral/nasal tobacco.
The Policy’s Application to ESL-Occupied Properties
ESL faculty, researcher, staff, scholars, students, visitors, interns, and volunteers--regardless of which (new or old ESL) building they work in or visit--are expected to be in compliance with the OSU’s Tobacco Free Policy and the statewide Ohio Smoke-Free Law.
Are visitors exempt from this policy?
No. This policy applies to all of our visitors, vendors, contractors, volunteers, and interns. We respectfully ask all of our visitors and representatives from outside organizations to refrain from using tobacco products on our property, grounds, and parking areas.
Resources and Contact:
- Policy and FAQ: http://tobaccofree.osu.edu/
- Tobacco Cessation: http://tobaccofree.osu.edu/resources/
- Your Plan for Health (YP4H): Programs and resources that empower the OSU community to pursue a life of health and wellness):
- Statewide Ohio Smoke-Free Law
- Concerns regarding non-compliance on ESL grounds can be directed to the: